The KMTA Management Plan was approved by the Secretary of the Interior following nearly two years of public meetings, public comment, and inputs from communities and government entities within the KMTA National Heritage Area. The document is available to read here. (Please note that maps and photos on this document are in low-res format. Hard-copies are available upon request.) For more information please contact a KMTA CCA board member or John Quinley, National Park Service – Alaska Region, Asst. Regional Director, Communications & Partnerships at John_Quinley@nps.gov
Based on legislation, NHA Management Plan includes:
- Input from local communities on projects and programs
- An inventory of heritage area resources
- Recommendations for coordination with federal, state, tribal an local entities
- A business plan including partnerships necessary to implement the plan
- This document sets out the goals and priorities of the KMTA National Heritage Area.